5 Great Neighborhoods to Buy a Home in Long Beach and Lakewood
Long Beach and Lakewood are great places to buy a home with a variety of unique neighborhoods to choose from. Whether you're looking for a quiet suburban neighborhood or a livelier urban area, there is something for everyone. In this article, we'll explore the 5 best neighborhoods to buy a home in Long Beach and Lakewood.
Naples Island is a unique neighborhood in Long Beach known for its picturesque canals and beautiful waterfront homes. This neighborhood is perfect for those looking for a waterfront property with easy access to the ocean. Naples Island also has a variety of parks and outdoor spaces, making it a great neighborhood for families.
Belmont Shore is a vibrant neighborhood in Long Beach that offers a mix of urban and suburban living. This neighborhood has a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues, making it a great location for those who want to be close to the action. Belmont Shore is also home to the popular 2nd Street shopping and dining district, which attracts visitors from all over the region.
Lakewood Village is a charming suburban neighborhood in Lakewood that offers a mix of single-family homes and townhouses. This neighborhood is known for its tree-lined streets, parks, and community events. Lakewood Village is a great location for families who want a quiet and safe neighborhood with easy access to schools, parks, and shopping.
Bixby Knolls is a historic neighborhood in Long Beach that offers a mix of homes and apartments with a variety of architectural styles. This neighborhood is known for its walkability and community events, including a popular farmers market. Bixby Knolls is also home to several parks and outdoor spaces, making it a great neighborhood for those who enjoy spending time outdoors.
Los Altos is a suburban neighborhood in Long Beach that offers a mix of single-family homes, apartments, and townhouses. This neighborhood is known for its great schools, parks, and community events. Los Altos is also home to the popular Los Altos Shopping Center, which offers a variety of shops and restaurants.
How to Choose the Best Neighborhood for You
When choosing the best neighborhood to buy a home in Long Beach and Lakewood, there are a few things to consider:
- Lifestyle: Consider the type of lifestyle you want to lead. Do you want to be close to the ocean, or do you prefer a more suburban setting?
- Budget: Consider your budget and the cost of living in the neighborhood you're interested in.
- Schools: For some people, schools are an important factor in a buying decision. Even if you aren’t very concerned about the quality of local schools, consider this: If you do decide to sell in the future, the schools may be a factor in your buyers’ decisions.
- Amenities: Consider the amenities available in the neighborhood, such as parks, shopping, and entertainment.
- Crime rates: Research the crime rates in the neighborhood. There are plenty of websites that allow you to check – and you may also want to join neighborhood Facebook groups and use other apps to familiarize yourself.
Long Beach and Lakewood offer a variety of unique and desirable neighborhoods to buy a home. From the waterfront properties in Naples Island to the suburban charm of Lakewood Village, there is something for everyone. When choosing the best neighborhood for you, consider your lifestyle, budget, schools, amenities, and crime rates to make an informed decision.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Lakewood?
If you’re not already living in Lakewood, or if you are but you’re looking for a new home, we’re here to help. Call us right now at 562-882-1581 or start browsing our Lakewood real estate listings to find your dream home today!
You can also browse: